Global Operations Engineering & Quality
World Wide Procurement
Charla Serbent is Vice President at Dell leading the Global Operations Engineering & Quality team responsible for ensuring end-to-end Supply Chain readiness to deliver Dell products.
The major responsibilities of GOE & Quality include:
- Auditing and qualifying suppliers to meet Dell expectations, launching new products cleanly, and using Quality tools to execute continuous improvement, and drive root cause analysis and corrective action on all quality issues.
- Ensure end-to end readiness of Dell’s manufacturing facilities to execute all new products
- Ensure manufacturing quality of all Dell products.
- Enabling supply chain capabilities globally to meet business needs
- Developing Digital Fulfillment capabilities to enable subscription services and new software fulfillment models.
Previous roles at Dell included Director Desktop Procurement, Executive Director Supplier Quality Engineering, VP Global SQE and Manufacturing Quality, and VP Client Procurement.
Prior to joining Dell, Charla held various sales and sales management positions at Nalco Chemical Company and GE, where she was a black belt. Charla also held various executive positions at PPG Industries including General Industrial Sales Director for North America and General Manager of PPG’s Industrial Coatings business in Asia Pacific.
Charla is located in Singapore. She previously resided in Shanghai, China for 12 years. She has a degree from UT Austin in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA from Wharton.